Eating Disorders of York Region's Riverwalk Wellness Centres is a grassroots, registered charitable organization founded by families with lived experience of the devastation and death eating disorders cause. In 2004 several families joined together after the death of a young woman and with the seeds of her memorial fund founded an agency to address the urgent and unmet needs of those who suffer.
We are an association of professionals volunteering our resources including our time and skills so that Riverwalk can provide support services to the community. Please see our wide ranges of support services by clicking the link for our brochure or visiting our website. We offer assistance to create a Circle of Support and system navigation for individuals and families through a telephone information line. We also help to provide the community with awareness and education for the purpose of prevention and early intervention.
Unless otherwise indicated, support groups are facilitated by psychotherapists with specialized knowledge of eating disorders and are arranged when at least five participants register for a program. The cost for the group's facilitation and rent for the meeting space is shared amongst the participants.
If you'd like to know more or would like to receive support contact us at 905 886-6632 or email email@example.com.
If you'd like to support Riverwalk and its community based services contact Janice Morgante at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the above number.
Riverwalk is not a government agency; as a grass-roots community based registered charitable organization we rely on the support of corporate sponsors, neighbours and friends. Everyone knows someone affected by an eating disorder although shame, blame, guilt and the complexity of the disorder may cause it to be hidden, doing untold damage.
Founded by the community for the community - please support these efforts with your donation. You may click on the "Donate Now" button to make a donation and a tax receipt will be automatically issued. You may also select a gift with your donation or request a card be sent with our Board's acknowledgment of a donation made in their name, or to honour a special occasion.
Thank you for your support!
To offer hope and support in a non-judgmental way to individuals and families affected by eating disorders and related mental health concerns.
- To give support to individuals and families affected by eating disorders and related mental health concerns.
- To give hope for recovery.
- To enlighten the community's awareness and understanding of eating disorders and related mental health concerns.
- To provide education for early detection and prevention of eating disorders and related mental health concerns.
If you are a reporter and have any questions or would like to arrange an interview, please contact Janice Morgante at email@example.com or call (905) 886-6632.
Board of Directors
- Melissa Cornacchia - Director
- Janice Morgante - Board Chair
- Mehvish Rizvi - Director, Treasurer
- Turuna Seecharan - Director, Secretary
- Jane Alway, M.A., Registered Psychotherapist, (C)OACCPP
- Dr. Judith Bercuson, MD
- Dr. Doreen Francis, RSW, PhD
- Allison Jorgens, B.Sc., P.H.Ec.
- Natalie Leibowitz, Nutritionist
- Rotem Regev
- Dr. Tiffany Rush-Wilson
- Greg Scott, Therapeutic and Expressive Art Program Advisor
- Michelle Scott, MOT Reg (Ont)
Our Provincial Registration No. is 1629447
Our Canada Revenue Agency Charity No. is 86313 2775 RR0001