The Art of Living
November 4th, 2017: Applications of Logotherapy For a Meaning Centered Life - click to find out details about this workshop!
Rogers TV The Bulletin Board, March 24th, 2015: Interview with Dr. Doreen Francis
Dr. Francis speaks about the Meaning-Centered Living Workshop that was offered in 2015.
Meaning-Centered Living Program
An Introduction to Dr. Viktor Frankl’s Philosophy
With Dr. Doreen M. Francis RSW, PhD
DATE & TIME: TBA. Please inquire.
LOCATION: 15213 Yonge Street, Suite 15 (on the second floor, accessed by the staircase at the front of the building), Aurora ON L4G 1L8
The primary objective of this three-part workshop is to provide a foundation in Victor Frankl’s philosophy: The fundamental motivating factor in human existence is the search for meaning and purpose and that life has meaning under all circumstances.
In his book ‘Man’s Search for Meaning’ Frankl said, ‘Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way’ and to allow our ‘defiant human spirit’ to triumph!
This group is intended for professional and/or personal development. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance and, for professionals, this workshop qualifies for Continuing Education credits recognized by the American Psychological Association (APA) for those who complete an exam at the end of the workshop. This will consist of two essay questions and a true false section during the last hour of the workshop.
Topics that will be covered:
- A brief history of Viktor Frankl’s theory of Logotherapy (Meaning-Centered Living)
- Logotherapy’s consideration of Dignity and Uniqueness of each Individual
- Finding Meaning in Unavoidable Suffering
- Presentation on Frankl’s Theory
- Video presentation
- Brief history of Logotherapy
- What is the definition of meaning?
- Presentations on basic techniques for positive change
- How does one go about having meaning in one’s life?
- Dignity and Uniqueness of each Individual
- Video presentation
- Meaning in Unavoidable Suffering
- What is Happiness?