Private Counselling Information

If you have extended health coverage: Check with your individual extended health care provider/insurance carrier to determine what type of practitioner is covered under your plan and to assess what the coverage limits/amounts are. Some plans cover the counselling/psychotherapy services of registered psychologists, registered psychotherapists and registered social workers. If you do not have extended health coverage, you can still access the services ofa registered psychologist, psychotherapist or social worker, but will need to pay for the services. Note: OHIP covers fees that are paid to psychiatrists. 

To locate a health care provider with specialized knowledge of eating disorders including those offering one-to-one support you may wish to search an on-line data base available on the NEDIC (National Eating Disorders Information Centre) website or call Nedic at 1-866-633-4220 for their assistance. 

For contact information for psychotherapists who facilitate EDOYR support programs and are available for one-to-one therapy through their private practice, please see the links to their websites provided in descriptions of the EDOYR programs they facilitate or call us at any time between 9:30 and 5:00 Monday to Friday at (905) 886-6632.